GCSE RESULTS 2018
Congratulations to all our students on their GCSE results this year. This is the first time students sat the new reformed GCSEs (graded 9 to 1) in the majority of subjects with a small number of subjects assessed using legacy specifications. Our Year 11 students rose to the challenge and achieved excellent results once again.
- 81% of students achieved grades 9 to 4 (equivalent to A** to C) in English and Maths
- 57% of students achieved grades 9 to 5 in English and Maths
- 15% of students achieved grades 9 to 7 in English and Maths
- 94% of students achieved grades 9 to 4 in English
- 83% of students achieved grades 9 to 4 in Maths
- 82% of students achieved grades 9 to 5 in English
- 59% of students achieved grades 9 to 5 in Maths
- 45% of students achieved grades 9 to 7 in English
- 18% of students achieved grades 9 to 7 in Maths
67 grade 9s were achieved by our students and are awarded only to the top 2% of students in subjects. Under the new system of 9 to 1 grading a grade 9 is equivalent to grade A**.
As a Catholic school, we have a tradition of outstanding results every year in Religious Education where every student is entered for the subject. This year, under the new more challenging specification, our students continued to achieve fantastic results. We are delighted that 92% of students achieved 9 to 4 grades in Religious Education with 56% of grades being grades 9 to 7. In Religious Education, thirty five students achieved grade 9s (A**) with forty one achieving grade 8s (A*) and thirty eight students achieving grade 7s (A).These are phenomenal results.
Students have made fantastic progress and St Catherine’s remains in the top 12% of schools nationally for student progress at GCSE.
We know that these results come about through determination and commitment shown by students who are supported by parents and staff. It is pleasing to see that their hard work has been rewarded with excellent results and qualifications that will open doors for them in the future.