The curriculum is the sum of everything your child experiences in school. This includes the formal programme of lessons and the informal programme of extra curricular activities and other experiences.
All pupils aged 11 to 16 at St. Catherine's follow the National Curriculum. A pupil's progress through the years of compulsory education is divided into key stages. The key stages are the same no matter what the local pattern of school organisation.
St. Catherine's approach to the curriculum is a commitment to providing education which enriches and extends what your child learns beyond the National Curriculum. We provide a wide range of activities and experiences for all their pupils.
We believe the arts, extra-curricular education and sport are vital to provide breadth and balance in the curriculum.
- music, dance and drama workshops
- performance opportunities locally
- the ECM Day team which uses workshops, training and consultancy to help schools develop personal, social and health education (PSHE), citizenship and drug education strategies.
- residential and day opportunities
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme
- Trinity Guildhall Drama Award
- lunchtime and after-school extra-curricular activities